IMO FIRST LADY BUILDS HOUSE FOR WIDOW WHO LOST CHILD AFTER RESIDENCE COLLAPSED
The wife of the Imo State governor, Lady Ebere Ihedioha, on Friday, December 27th, 2019, handed a well-furnished two bedroom bungalow to a widow, Mrs. Egbechi Anyiam.
It was learnt that Mrs. Anyiam, who hails from Okwu, in Nkwere local government area of the state, had her misery compounded when a part of her dilapidated former residence fell and killed one of her children.
Moved with pity as Mrs. Anyiam narrated her ordeal during the First Lady’s 2019 August meeting visit to the LGA, Lady Ihedioha, through her Cordelia Benson Foundation, set out immediately to shelter the widow and her surviving children.
The First Lady also handed Mrs. Anyiam grant to start up a business. This is even as she donated food items to the woman
Speaking in Nkwere, Lady Ihedioha stated that her foundation aimed at that alleviating the suffering of the destitute, especially women and children.
Mrs. Anyiam could not hide her joy as the house was handed over to her. She prayed God to bless and protect the First Lady.
The event had the presence of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Matters, Hon. Jones Onyerieri, the Member representing Nkwerre at Imo State House Of Assembly, Hon. Obinna Okwara, the Woman Leader of the PDP, Lady Maria Mbakwe, amongst others.
STARS SHINE AS GOVERNOR IHEDIOHA OPENS HIS GATES FOR 2019 CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION WITH CANTATA & FESTIVAL OF SONGS
It was indeed a Festival of Songs yesterday evening at the 2019 edition of the Emeka Ihedioha Christmas Cantata & Festival of Songs.
The Annual ritual which had the theme: O God, our help in Ages Past, started in 2012 and was brought to a climax on this year’s edition.
The epoch-making event took place at the Aronta Mbutu country home of His Excellency, Governor Emeka Ihedioha, in Aboh Mbaise.
This is the first time the Governor is observing the ritual in his official capacity as the first citizen of the State, in the Christmas Cantata’s 8-year history.
It was an evening of warmth and fellowship with a steady flow of Congregational Hymns, Anthems and Spiritual songs to herald the occasion of Christmas.
There was thrilling music rendition from the likes of Donaldians Ensemble, Anglican Chapel of Light, FUTO; Clementine theatre Awka; Port Harcourt male ensemble international, Royal City Chorale Owerri, Harmonic Chorale Amaifeke Orlu, and Lucian Heights Chorale Okigwe.
The Anglican Bishop of Mbaise Diocese, His Lordship, Rt Rev’d Chamberlain Ogunedo, was on hand to lead the congregation in a brief exhortation.
High point of the Festival of Songs was when special prayers were offered for the Governor and the State, by the head ministers of the different Christian denominations present at the event.
The exciting evening was well attended by the Governor of Sokoto State, Waziri Aminu Tambuwal; Former Governor Ikedi Ohakim, Former Deputy Governor Prince Eze Madumere, Nze Harbert and Dr Mrs Kema Chikwe, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Chief Martin Agbaso, the State PDP Chairman, Ikmeba Charles Ezekwem, Senators of the federal republic of Nigeria, members of the State & National Assembly; members of the State and National Judiciary, members of the State Executive Council, members of the Clergy, Traditional Rulers, friends and well wishers of the Ihedioha Family, amongst other men and women of goodwill from all walks of life.
Imo Bu Nke Anyi.
IMO FIRST LADY PUTS SMILE ON FACES, GIFTS FURNISHED APARTMENT TO WIDOW
Earlier today, the First Lady of Imo State, Lady Ebere Ihedioha handed over a completed and furnished 2-bedroom bungalow to Mrs Christiana Nwokorobi.
Mrs Christiana Nwokorobi is an indigene of Obinaetiti Ezihe Community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the State.
Mrs Christiana Nwokorobi who is a mother of 3, has been widowed for over eighteen years, while also battling a medical condition. The family had been living in a dilapidated mud house that eventually succumbed to the weather. They were then forced to squat with their neighbours in rotation.
Mrs Christiana Nwokorobi also received a grinding machine and a grant to start up a business, in addition to the fully furnished apartment with power generator.
This magnificent act of kindness is part of the Widows Smile Project of Her Excellency’s Cordelia Benson Foundation.
Former First lady of Imo State, Mrs Chioma Ohakim also graced the heartwarming ceremony.
Imo Bu Nke Anyi.
IMO FIRST LADY AND YOUTH COMMISSIONER LIGHT UP CHRISTMAS FOR INDIGENT CHILDREN IN THE STATE
The First Lady of Imo State, Lady Ebere Ihedioha in collaboration with the Commissioner for Youths and Social Development, Engr. Okechukwu Umez-Eronini, hosted the 2019 Christmas Fiesta for the Less Privileged and Motherless babies in Imo state.
The event which took place earlier today at Heroes Park featured different games, cutting of cakes and a lot of singing & dancing.
At the event, the First Lady admonished the children to imbibe good virtues and be of good character in order to be adequately prepared as leaders in the future.
The Commissioner in his remarks, encouraged the children to work hard in any engagement they may find themselves in life, stressing that hardwork is the hallmark of excellence.
Engr. Umez-Eronini also disclosed that his ministry will be rolling out a number of social benefit programs that will benefit the children in the coming months.
The event which had over 300 children from different registered orphanage homes in attendance ended on a high point with the First Lady and the Honorable Commissioner joining in a group photograph with the kids.
Imo Bu Nke Anyi.
ADDRESS BY THE GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. EMEKA IHEDIOHA, CON, KSC, ON THE OCCASION OF THE IMO WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATION, THE CENOTAPH, NEW OWERRI, IMO STATE, NIGERIA.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2019.
On behalf of the government and people of Imo State, I am indeed, honoured to bring you our sincere felicitations on the occasion of this year’s Imo Women’s Day Celebration. An event,such as this, where women come together to pray, praise God and celebrate, demonstrates the profound sisterhood among our women. In addition, it affords us the opportunity to pay tributes to our wives, mothers and sisters for their countless contributions to the “Rebuild Imo Agenda.”
2. Here, in Igbo-land, your contributions have been legendary. Your sacrifices resonate in the family, community, State and the nation in general. Right from the colonial days, our women have always stood in the gap. When it was time to resist oppression, they were not found wanting. They confronted the colonial masters in the now famous Aba Women Revolution. Indeed, a revolution it was, because it brought change and stopped the move by the colonial masters to tax our women. Up until today, whether as Umuada, Aladinma or other community women groups,you have been watchdogs, pillars of support, and strong forces for community good. You are the hands that rock the cradle, which rules the world.
3. I am most delighted to note that major highlights of today’s programme include prayers, praise and worship to Almighty God for his power, provisions and protection over Imo State. Indeed, we have every cause to be grateful to God for delivering Imo State from the hands of selfish leaders, whose only mission in power, is primitive accumulation of wealth. There are yet others, who want to achieve power by subverting the sovereign will of the people. God has delivered us from them all. We, therefore, look forward to a refreshing Christmas season and to thank God for his mercies in keeping us alive to see the end of the year. Furthermore, we beseech Him to grant us good health, security, prosperity and wisdom in the coming New Year.
4. This government esteems our women highly. As a result, we have achieved significant participation of women in all our programmes. In addition, there are special packages targeting women. Recently, we trained 250 women in partnership with Microsoft on Computer Coding and Web development. Most of them have already gained employment. Similarly, over 550 Imo youths, including a substantial number of young women, benefitted from our Youth-in-Agriculture capacity-building programme.
5. I am indeed, very pleased with the theme you have chosen for this convention: “Unlocking the potentials of our children with good nutrition.” This is very timely as its comes against the background of the UNICEF report which placed Imo last, among South East states, in the incidence of stunted growth among Under-5 children. This situation is very unacceptable given the high literacy rate of our women. However, I am aware that this is the result of poor policies of the immediate past government. I am delighted to assure you that the present Imo State Government is set to reverse this negative trend.
6. Consequently, in the 2020 Budget, adequate provisions have been made towards improving the health of all Imolites, especially infants and women of child-bearing age. Our emphases include stemming childhood malnutrition, reduction of maternal mortality rate to its barest minimum and zero tolerance to the prevalence of out-of-school children, especially girls. I have directed the Ministries of health and education to work out an effective programme of ensuring healthy nutrition for children especially the Under-5s, promoting sanitation, personal hygiene and carrying out routine immunization.
7. In the same vein, the Ministry of Gender and Vulnerable Group Affairs has been charged to redouble its efforts to combat traditions, attitudes and beliefs that perpetuate gender discrimination. On this score, we are giving a renewed emphasis towards the realization of the targets of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs), especially goals numbers 3, 4, 5, and 7, which deal with Good Health and Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality as well as Affordable and Clean Energy, respectively.
8. On this note, our beloved wives, devoted mothers and esteemed sisters, I urge you all to continue to support the “Rebuild Imo Project.” When Imo works, it is for our good and the good of our children. Imo bu nke anyi.It is the sacrifices we make today that would yield tomorrow’s harvest. So let us work together, pray together, keep our communities clean, take adequate care of our children and keep the charge wherever you are working. In all these, as we show faith in this collective enterprise, Almighty God, is sure to reward our efforts with peace and prosperity.
9. I hope you would really have a splendid outing as I wish you all a Merry Christmas ahead and, indeed, a prosperous New Year.
Imo Women Sensitization walk ongoing now. The sensitization walk is one of the activities marking the 2019 Imo Women’s Day.
Mama Imo Her Excellency, Lady Ebere Ihedioha is committed to the wellbeing of, most importantly, the Women and the Children.
The theme of the 2019 Imo Women Day celebration is “Unlocking the potentials of our Children with Good Nutrition”.
Mama Imo is leading the walk.