BRIEFING FROM IMO STATE EXCO MEETING TODAY DATED 6TH OF MAY 2020
Rising from the Executive council meeting, Hon commissioner for Information, Hon Declan Emelumba briefed newsmen on some of the decisions of the council.
1. Governor Hope Uzodimma is not indebted to any parastatal or agency that has conformed to government’s directive on payment of salaries. The parastatals that are yet to receive their salaries have refused to submit their BVN and other details as requested by government. He noted that government will pay all parastatals that submits theirs as their money is safe in the banks.
2. Government expressed displeasure over the attitude of ASUU, IMSU chapter who instructed their members not to submit their BVN for the payment of salaries and warned that such an attitude will not be tolerated.
3. Exco also approved the renovation, remodeling and rehabilitation of the old governor’s lodge and re-roofing of 10 blocks of the state secretariats.
4. Exco approved the total closure of the borders into the state even those on essential services. This was necessitated because of flagrant disobedience of government’s directive on the prevention of covid- 19.
5. Government warns that it will impose total lockdown to prevent an outbreak if citizens of the state continue to disobey its directives on COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Government equally expressed satisfaction over the filling and asphalting of all the potholes in the roads across the state capital.
The Hon. commissioner for information disclosed that the road leading to Thomas Moore Catholic Church New Owerri has been completed and ready for commissioning.
©Hope New and Electronic Media